Pages

Monday 1 August 2011

Too Busy to Blog - Part 2

Phew! I have finally got to the end of my mammoth sewing and crocheting marathon!
So here are the next batch of projects completed for my Bearpaw Craft Classes venture.
Do you remember the Sleepy Owl Pyjama Case I made last year? Well here is his big brother Wide Awake Owl Doorstop!
I thought this fella was so cute I couldn't help photographing him over and over again as he flew around the garden!
Here is another Pillowcase Dress for a class I am taking in September. Once I have finished the class I will send the dress (along with another I will make as a demo) to Louise for her wonderful appeal. She is collecting dresses for the 'Dress a Girl Around the World' charity. Louise has received 140 already and 100 have been sent off to Malawi! If you would like to join in just head on over to Louise's Sew Scrumptious blog. Hopefully some of my students might donate one of the dresses they make too!
Patchwork Tote Bag - you have seen plenty of these here before!
And these! I have renamed this 'Patchwork Cottage Pincushion'.
If anyone would like to make one of these (and can't get to Edinburgh to take a class!) then I have a tutorial here.
A crochet hook roll from Last Minute Patchwork and Quilting Gifts book (that really is a great book!)
This can be made for knitting needles or coloured pencils too.
And, last one in this batch, a Log Cabin Patchwork Cushion.
This will be the first class I take in 3 weeks time, a real beginners patchwork course with a little hand stitching thrown in. I really like the colour scheme I picked for this cushion, quite an unusual one for me.
Well we actually had our Launch Day yesterday and it went very well! We took lots of class bookings and everybody loved our new studio, in fact one of the classes is already full booked! So I am feeling very positive about this new venture and maybe it will have been worth all the hard work (though not sure you can call sewing and crocheting hard work!).
I will post some photos of the studio very soon, along with the last 2 projects I have been working on, one of which is an actual finished quilt!

12 comments:

  1. What fabulous projects!!! And I LOVE that owl too!!! :) Love the Dress A Girl foundation too! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hand quilting that you did on your pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it all looks so lovely - I am not surprised you have a full class already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it went well Jo - you have been so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on really lovely makes! So glad your classes are booking up. Isn't it great to have a job & a hobby all rolled into one! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab projects, glad the open day went so well :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those projects are lovely. I really like the mouse bag, and the owl and pillowcase dress are cute! Will you be posting any tutorials or are there patterns I can buy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, you have been very busy!

    Congratulations on a successful launch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Jo - I was wondering where you were hiding ;0)
    It's great that you have full classes already - maybe you should gear a class towards teenagers for a 'Make and Party' session, where they get together and make something, like the pillowcase bag, or an apron, simple tote bag, or even a fabric covered trinket box

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a nice kind of busy, which can only be good!
    More great projects for your classes! I could do with making a crochet hook roll myself.I made one for knitting needles a few years ago but the pattern I followed made the process much more complicated than it needed to be. Yours looks more logical (and very pretty with the rainbow colours).
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an incredible amount of projects you have made. I love them all, but my favourite is the Cottage Pincushion. I hope you have time to enjoy the summer too.

    ReplyDelete